CCA is on the cutting edge of social justice. As a 27-year old, award winning organization, CCA continues to be a growing family, dedicated to healthy living conditions and a healthier community in the Salinas and Pajaro Valleys. The success stories of CCA are many, but the overarching success is that leadership skills are generated from the bottom up, farmworkers work side-by-side with experienced professionals and both benefit from the exchange. CCA’s organizing model is considered one of the best in the State of California.
The real story of CCA is people: people that are willing to spend their time, their energy, their money and their devotion to a cause bigger than themselves. The vision of a healthy community binds us together, and continues to be our focus as grow into our next 27 years.
With the recent retirement of long-time Executive Director/Attorney-at-Law Juan Uranga, CCA is now seeking its next Executive Director to lead our programs, fundraising, communications, board engagement, finance and administration.
The ideal Executive Director possesses the following qualifications:
- Passion and energy for social justice with a desire to give back to the community (required)
- Motivated to share, learn, grow and be challenged (required)
- 100% bilingual in English and Spanish (required)
- Skilled attorney, licensed in California (highly desired)
- Experience managing people or programs
- Nonprofit experience
- Organizing, social justice and fundraising experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills, speaking one-on-one, presenting to groups (small and large size), and working with the media
- Excellent English writing skills, especially with proposals and reports
- Ability to engage people from all walks of life quickly and naturally; ability to build trust, maintain positive relationships and make people feel safe especially if they disagree or think differently
- Excellent listener
- Open, strong, respectful and fair in decision making and dealing with all people, internally and externally
- Patient, calm, steady, nice and with a good sense of humor
- Well organized in maintaining data, records and files
- Skilled with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Available to work outside in the field to meet farmworkers or clients
- Available to work flexible hours, evenings and some time on weekends as needed
To apply, please submit the following to CCA:
1. Cover letter describing your interest in being CCA’s Executive Director
3. One English writing sample (e.g., legal memoranda, motion, proposal, report)